Software projects fail when they do not meet the criteria for success. Most IT projects run over budget or are prematurely completed and those that are often far from meeting user expectations and business performance objectives. It is not easy for us to monitor and control the quality, process of our software projects due to many risks or issues are going to be occured. There are number of factors that affect the whole software project.
1. Team size: Proper team size is essential in project software development. There are basically three different project team sizes: small team of 10 or less for small project, medium size team of 11 to 25 for medium project and large team of 26 or more for large project. Small team groups result in good communication and tend to be highly flexible across large teams. Calling meetings is easy and receiving instant feedback. Projects sometimes fail because of inappropriate communication.
2. Technical complexity: This risk can occurs when applying new technology, or technical complexity has not been successfully applied in any project before. Therefore, we need to take time for researching the methodology in order to ensure all functions applied in efficient ways.
3. Project requirements: To manage project scope, the most important task for a successful project is the size, objectives and requirements. The root cause leads to a failure project is the misunderstanding project requirements correctly among team members. They need to be cleared and understandable by analysts, developers, QA and project manager.
4. Project team skills: Persons in a project team should be trained or self-learning new technology, problem-solving, team work, etc. So team members with good skills and capabilities always have an important role in getting positive result in project development.
5. User participation: Without user involvement nobody in the business feels committed to a system and can even be hostile to it. One of the criteria of the success of the software project depends on the user involved from the beginning of the project and throughout the development continuously. And lack of user participation, it means we will miss user needs. All what we need to do is to reflect the real user needs.
6. Project planning and control: Planning a project software development include project scopes, cost, project size, and timeline. Hence, project manager will play an important role to estimate and evaluate the potential risks related to effort, cost of a project.
7. Internal environment: Potential risks in internal environment is one of the major cause can damage the success of a software project. They could be from the instability of the organization environment, political organization.
In conclusion, the purpose of this post is to help everyone in Uiza be able to understand the importance of preventing the risk factors in the software development process. It means that Uiza should focus on building up a professional working environment with talented people who are good attitude, self-learning, team-work.
Credit to: Duc Luong Huy (email@example.com)